You agree to us disclosing your personal information if we have reason to believe that this is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights, property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also reveal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION
The primary purpose for us collecting information is to allow for:
- Sales contact
- Permission based marketing
- Distribution of newsletters
- Distribution of job alerts to job seekers and development of resume and profile talent pools that are marketable to prospective employers
- Processing of your online transactions
Site users giving any personal information voluntarily via our website will be understood by us as giving consent to this information being viewed by us and our clients. Such information may be saved by us and the user may be contacted as a result.
We ensure that the personal information of users is secured and protected. Users personal information is stored in a database, protected by password, and accessible only to the user themselves and those employees who require access to perform necessary responsibilities relating to the management of the users accounts.
Users can choose to access their registered information with us via our Secure Web Server that will encrypt the data while it is transferred through the Web. Our internal servers are also protected by firewalls that are continuously monitored. Employees are also made aware of the importance of security and confidentiality through SHK policies.
COOKIES AND CLICKSTREAM DATA
We use session cookies to identify you as a current user and these are alive only for the duration of your browser session. If you disable or reject session cookies you may not be able to access and use all features of our sites. You may adjust your browser settings to disable cookies being stored on your hard drive however this may impact your user experience.
When visiting our web site, the site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical and administrative purposes:
- The user's server address
- The date and time of the visit to the site
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Duration of the visit
- The type of browser used
- The previous site visited
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Users of the site will have real time access to all of their personal information for the purpose of editing, updating and deleting. Users are encouraged to keep their information accurate and up to date.
Users at any stage can opt out of receiving newsletters or marketing information.
Should you have any difficulty opting out of any of our databases please contact us, and a staff member will personally assist you. You can request that we remove your personal information by contacting us, in which case we will disable your account. By requesting us to remove or delete your personal information, you acknowledge that you will no longer be able to access those features of our sites that are available via the log-in area.
All credit card data and information (other than the receipt number) are not retained after the transaction has been processed and cleared. All e-commerce transactions are carried out in real time using an automatic payment gateway and are conducted securely via our payment gateway provider.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This site may contains links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites.
NEED FURTHER INFORMATION?
If you have any privacy concerns, please contact:
Level Eleven, 520 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
You can also obtain further information from the Privacy Commissioner's web site, http://www.privacy.gov.au
This policy explains how we will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We may amend and update this policy for any reason from time to time.
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Career objectives
- Work history
- Education, qualifications and professional or other memberships
- Right to work in Australia
- References from referees that you have supplied.
We hold, use or disclose personal information to provide our services including:
- To assist candidates or contractors by responding to their inquiries, in their career planning, and to secure permanent employment or temporary assignments
- To match candidate or contractor details against suitable employment or engagement opportunities
- To build business relationships with candidates, contractors, clients or users of this web site
- To assist in work performance or work rehabilitation
- To keep you informed of our services or to provide industry news, survey results or invitations to attend events (including provision for you to unsubscribe to these types of communication)
- To understand how best to update our web site with information that candidates, contractors, clients and users of the web site will find useful
- To conduct labour market research by aggregating the personal information so that it becomes non-identifiable
We may hold, use or disclose personal information with or to third parties for the purposes of providing our services including:
- To SHK's related subsidiaries
- To prospective employers or to employers who may wish to engage the services of a contractor on a temporary basis where we have the candidate's permission to do so
- To suppliers, professional advisers or service providers including those providing psychometric assessment services on our behalf
- To educational and other similar institutions to enable us to confirm your qualifications, professional memberships and accreditations
- To your nominated referees in the course of undertaking reference checks
- To meet the requirements of regulatory, government, workers' compensation or law enforcement authorities
We endeavour to keep personal information current and accurate. We recognise that people's situations may change frequently. We will update address and contact details upon your telephone contact.
We store personal information collected in a combination of secure computer and paper-based records. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, misuse or loss.
Information sent by the Internet is not always secure. Where we have links to third party web sites please consult these web sites' privacy policies. We are unable to control information submitted to or collected by them.
You may contact SHK's Privacy Officer in writing:
- If you have queries about this policy
- To access or update your personal information collected by us
- To have your personal details removed
We will refuse access if it interferes with another person's privacy rights or breaches any confidentiality attaching to that information. We may charge a moderate fee for the cost of providing access to your personal information.
Level Eleven, 520 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000