Terms & Conditions
Our websites include:
By accessing any of the sites (the sites or site), you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions. Information on our web sites and in any of our publications should not be regarded as a substitute for professional, career, legal or financial advice.
Staite Henningsen Klein Pty Ltd, ABN 25 126 783 588 (SHK) and its related entities responsible for maintaining our web sites and all our publications and its directors, officers and agents believe that all information contained within them is correct.
However, no warranty is made as to the accuracy or reliability of the information contained therein and our related entities, directors, officers and agents disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained in or omitted from our web sites or publications.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND ADVERTISING
SHK web sites often include hyperlinks and pointers to web sites operated by third parties. Those third party web sites do not form part of our web sites and are not under the control of or the responsibility of us or our related entities. When you link to those web sites you leave our web site and do so entirely at your own risk. A display of advertising does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by us or our related entities.
POLICY FOR LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
Hyperlinks enhance the user's experience by providing easy access to additional information or original source material, whether on the same site or from an external source. For this reason, we value the use of hyperlinks in our content. However, in using hyperlinks, we:
- Attribute the original source of the hyperlink where it points to third party content
- Do not claim ownership or rights to content belonging to other parties
We ask that you observe similar practices when linking to our content. You should be aware that if you do not do this, this may be in breach of our rights or the rights of our licensors or other third parties.
- Link to our content directly. We encourage direct links
- Comply with all copyright, trade mark or other applicable laws
- Use the title or headline of the content to which you are linking, as long as you link directly to that content
Please do not:
- Attribute a link to our content as being a link to your own or someone else's content (for example, use your own logo to link to our content)
- Attribute a link to our site and then link somewhere else
- Frame our content in such a way as to present it as your own or as belonging to anyone other than us or our licensors
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Certain rights and remedies may be available under the Trade Practices Act 1974 or similar legislation of other States or Territories and may not be permitted to be excluded, restricted or modified. Apart from those that cannot be excluded, we and our related entities exclude all conditions and warranties that may be implied by law. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition that cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option to: the re-supply of services or payment of the cost of re-supply of services; or the replacement or repair of goods or payment of the cost of replacement or repair.
A. Candidate Terms and Conditions
Each person viewing or searching any of the sites as a potential candidate or responding or applying for a position the subject of an Advertisement (a Candidate) agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The Candidate must take reasonable care in protecting against unauthorised use of log-on details. We are not responsible for any unauthorised access to Candidate job profile information or Candidate user account through failure of the Candidate to take such reasonable care
- The Candidate warrants that in responding to any Advertisement or making inquiries of an Advertiser he or she does so as a genuine potential candidate in his or her own personal, non-commercial capacity
- The Candidate indemnifies and will keep us indemnified from any claim, loss or liability arising directly or indirectly from any curriculum vitae or resume or other information submitted by or on behalf of the Candidate to us and organisations to which we have provided, provide or may provide our services (including, without limitation, where such claim, loss or liability is caused by any misleading information, material omission, fraudulent or negligent misstatement)
- We reserve the right to disable the Candidate's log-on if he or she is in breach of these the Terms and Conditions or is engaged in any conduct we reasonably consider may expose us to any liability or otherwise cause damage or harm our business
B. General Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply generally to all users or visitors to any site (in each case, referred to below as you):
- All content appearing on our site (excluding material provided by Candidates) is the copyright of SHK or its licensors and is protected by copyright laws including the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and under international treaties
- "SHK" and "we know where" are trade marks of Staite Henningsen Klein Pty Ltd and must not be reproduced without permission
- To the full extent permitted by law:
- The content appearing on sites and the services comprising or provided by us under or in connection with the sites is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied
- We limit our liability to you in connection with our service to: supplying the relevant service again; or payment of the cost of having the relevant service supplied again
- We will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits, indirect, consequential or incidental loss, damage or injury in connection with the site
- We will not be liable for:
- Any downtime, interruption to or inability to access any site
- Any inability to log-on or access your online account
- Any delay or failure in material being posted, archived, restored from archive, or taken down or any change to the details or content of such material being made
- Any matter, circumstance or thing beyond our control (including, without limitation, interruption to or failure of the power supply, our IT systems or those of our IT or communications provider, strikes, lock-outs, or acts of God)
- Nothing in the Terms and Conditions will exclude, restrict or modify any rights or remedies which you may have under any applicable Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation which under such legislation cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement
- Your use of this web site and all of our legal notices will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and by using our internet sites you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state
- Any provision of the Terms and Conditions which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction will, as to such jurisdiction, be severed from the Terms and Conditions without invalidating the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions or affecting such provision in any other jurisdiction
- You warrant that in accessing or visiting the sites or any user account you will not introduce any virus or other malicious harmful or destructive code
- Any banner advertising or other advertising appearing on the sites does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by us as the advertiser or their products or services
- Each indemnity given by you under the Terms and Conditions is a continuing indemnity which shall continue upon expiry or termination of any contract with you. We may recover a payment under an indemnity given by you under the Terms and Conditions before we are required to make any payment in respect of which the indemnity is given